My Week in New York
Thanks to my friends for showing me these great places.
- Wallse: A restaurant in the meatpacking district offering interesting modern Viennese cuisine. My choice: chilled cucumber and sour cream soup with Arctic char tartar and mint . Olive oil poached wild striped bass with sweet pepper marinade.
- Aurora: An Italian restaurant in Brooklyn with a great terrace. My choice: roasted beet salad with strained yogurt, pistachios, horseradish, mint and citrus. Painted Hills Farm grass-fed filet mignon carpaccio with black truffle vinaigrette, parmigiano and radicchio.
- Dos Caminos: A Mexican restaurant, part of a chain. Worth a visit for the great selection of fresh guacamole.
- Matsuri: A Japanese restaurant in an amazing venue located in the Maritime Hotel. My choice: the House salad with watercress and scalops and a selection of Sashimis.
- Barbuto: An italian restaurant located in a garage space in the meatpacking district. A great open space for the hot summer evenings. My choice: barbabietola with beets, peaches, frisee, fontina & pistachio. Pennete with aubergine,red pepper and pesto.
- The Standard Grill: This restaurant is part of The Standard Hotel, a design boutique hotel in the meatpacking district. Breakfasts are great. My choice: Poached eggs with olive oil, cracked pepper and sourdough toasts.
- Wolfgang's Steakhouse: a famous steakhouse in Tribeca. The meat is dry-aged for about 28 days in a basement and cut into steaks for two, three, or four. On offer also the famous Junior's cheesecake.